Friday, February 15, 2008

the future suitor



Dear Future Boyfriend,

You like to cuddle, watch foreign movies, and read books. You enjoy being an asshole to everyone (except me), shoe shopping, and chinese food. You have tattoos and wear cool caps and listen to Beirut and Neutral Milk Hotel.

You text me jokes when we aren't together and call me when you have nothing else to do. You accept the fact that i don't drive and still own a Viva La Bam t-shirt. You ask me to come over for arrested development marathons. You are impatient and a little messy, but you shower.

You weigh more than 130 pounds and have dark hair. You wear glasses sometimes and like to party, and go to shows to dance. You like the fact that I am pale, and have big holes in my ears. You like lomography and teach me how to use my Diana +.

You don't make me feel stupid, and you surprise me all the time just by showing up.

You hate video games, religion, Dane Cook, anything on FOX, fast food, popcorn, and sports. You want to sleep in with me.

You don't disappoint me, flirt with other girls, and you don't buy me things, it makes me feel bad. You want to travel to Peru, Europe, Iceland, and India. You like me.

I know you don't really exist, though.

Love, Brandi

p.s. If your name is Michael Cera, i will gladly love you under any circumstances.

______________
i think i'm ready to move on, really. not to any type of relationship in any shape or form, but on, you know? and it doesn't mean i dont love him anymore, not at all. it just means that i want to...wake up?

"You're going to wake from this coma
You're going to crawl from this bed you have made
And stop counting on that camera
That hangs round your neck
Because it won't ever remember
What you choose to forget"-A line allows progress, a circle does not.

(i keep coming back to this song by accident)

No comments: