Tuesday, February 05, 2008

the experiment

as most of you know, my living situation is a bit crazy. i won't explain it for the 100th time, but i'll tell you this; my room has 1 long window across one wall, which is completely useless because my side of the house is covered by a deck above, so i get no sun light. its pretty depressing but i manage with lamps.

as my paint teacher would say, "THIS LIGHT IS MAKING ME SUFFER, I'M PHYSICALLY ILL, OHH MY GOD."

so no sunlight means no heat, which means i have to use a space heater because this house is so old the heating is shot and it doesn't stay warm anywhere but upstairs. Space heaters suck up a lot of energy, our bill was 800 dollars last month. We do everything environmentally safe in this house, we recycle, we use cloth bags at the grocery store, we wash dishes by hand in a bucket in the sink, we open all the blinds to get as much sunlight as possible. we do everything, but our energy bill was so incredibly high. once we realized what the problem was, the space heaters, i put mine away and decided not to use it anymore. i would turn it on for 8 hours every day because my room was an add-on in the 70's and its not properly insulated, so the heat doesn't stay in. Yesterday i stored my heater, and I've been space heater free for one day. I've never been so frozen inside in my life.

I'm thinking about moving to another room in the house, i'm so bored and depressed in here! someone died in the only available room, and i'm totally not down with that.

No comments: